Switching accounting software can be a costly endeavor depending on the complexity of your operations. Click To Tweet
Choosing accounting software for a church involves a complex range of factors, including the church’s accounting needs, the number of people who will access the software, the training required, the security needs, and other areas unique to a given church.https://www.churchlawandtax.com/web/2019/may/church-accounting-software-selecting.html
Determine your specific needs
- What type of information do you need to account for?
- How complex are your operations?
- Do you need special features?
- Job Costing
- Fund Accounting
- Bank feeds
- Do you want to import data on a regular basis?
- Does the system need to do more than just accounting? For example…
- Member and donation tracking
- Event tracking
Who will be operating the software?
- Do you need a more user-friendly interface?
- Will your external accountant need regular access?
- How do users need to access the software?
Do a cost-benefit analysis
- Look at costs at the beginning and end of the process
- Don’t spending hours reviewing something you can’t afford
- What is the base price?
- Does this include everything you need?
- Are third-party apps available and what is the cost?
- Do the benefits of available or add-on features outweigh the costs?
To Your Success,
P.S. If you would like to dig deeper into this topic you have a few options:
- Leave a comment on this post
- Find me on social media by using the icons at the top of this page
- Set up a 15 minute video call by using this link https://bobswetz.link/meeting15
- Internal Controls Cost Too Much Money
- Purchase Orders Purpose & Applicability